JOLT announced today the latest group of companies to join its portfolio of startups.
Since its launch in July 2012, the Toronto-based accelerator has produced 17 startups that have raised $7.5 million of financing.
Now at 23 investments, JOLT's portfolio is 38% mobile/platforms; 35% e-commerce; 17% SaaS; and 10% hardware.
"We're excited to welcome six new startups to our existing portfolio, four of which are woman-led," said Susan McGill, Executive Director of JOLT. "We look forward to helping these entrepreneurs build global entities by leveraging our expertise, programming and active community of world-class partners and entrepreneurs."
Here are the accelerator's six latest startups and a description of each from JOLT:
- PostBeyond – "PostBeyond's enterprise-ready platform helps distribute approved content to thousands of employees quickly and easily to enable them to build business on social."
- Think Dirty - "Think Dirty educates consumers about potential toxic ingredients and empowers ingredient-conscious consumers to make the safest and healthiest choices."
- tBOT - "tBOT makes personalized loose-leaf tea through robotics — anywhere, anytime. Ever find yourself craving that perfect cup of tea on-the-go? tBOT's automated kiosks blend, bag and serve your tea your way."
- SilverDart Learning - "SilverDart Learning develops game-based mobile apps for high school math and science curriculums. The company provides curriculum-based education content in an app gaming environment that is both familiar and engaging to students."
- Peekapak - "Peekapak creates a children's monthly subscription kit, taking children on a storytelling adventure and challenging them to build 'play props' that extend the adventure into their world."
- SKE Labs - "SKE Labs makes sensory awareness and cloud-based connected devices that enable users to access information, personalize content and shop with zero-touch."