Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung. Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions. With the recent launch of Samsung KNOX™, we are now looking for experienced and talented individuals for our Vancouver lab to design, develop, test and support these new solutions in the global market 'responsibilities.'
You are an innovative, dynamic individual looking for an environment with the agility of a startup and the resources of a well-funded company. You want to personally make a difference building products that not only delight customers but also achieve market success. You want to join an all-star team being formed right now, and help build our technology stack. You have the leadership skills to take technical ownership of major parts of the system and helping shape our team culture and processes. The Enterprise Services Platform & Infrastructure team is looking for world class DBA to join our technology innovation group focused on the rapid development of cloud based end-to-end mobile enterprise applications and services. This is a new, exciting area for Samsung: cloud based services platforms and infrastructure to support enterprise mobility.
- The Database Administrator is responsible for all phases of database administration including deployment, performance troubleshooting, tuning, problem solving and business customer support
- The Database Administrator will develop and maintain database monitoring tools and automation systems, maintain and create documentation for including instructions, standards and best practices, and act as a key technical expert in day-to-day operations and act as an escalation point for operational incidents
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of DBA experience with 2+ years MySQL or NoSQL (Couchbase, MongoDB) experience
- Experience with Installation and configuration of local and multi-datacenter MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master replication
- Strong Experience in database performance tuning and optimization of MySQL processes and queries
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS system and architecture with emphasis on high-availability MySQL configurations
- Competency in database server specification, performance tuning and analysis.
- Experience in database disaster recovery planning and recovery
- Experience with configuration, maintenance backup and recovery of MongoDB/Couchbase clusters
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience/Competency in performing Linux Administration tasks
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 9, 2014 10:27 AM PDT
- Samsung Electronics Canada
SAMSUNG IS THE FUTURE… JOIN US! Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung. Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions.... more