Job ID: GRAC111
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
We are looking for a full-time Intermediate Accountant to join our growing Accounting Team. This is a great opportunity for a person with high analytical abilities, a willingness to learn, and great interpersonal skills to work in a team that is supporting a fast growing business combined with relevant experience in an accounting role.
• Preparing and maintaining fixed asset subledgers
• Processing accounts payable invoices and participating in procurement process and controls
• Calculation and reconciliation of referral partner commissions
• Prepare or review monthly reconciliations and other month-end procedures
• Participate in ad hoc projects and initiatives as and when required
• Coordinate the flow of information between departments and be the first point of contact for inquiries from other departments
• Coaching and sharing of best practices with junior team members
• Administrative tasks and other duties, as needed
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an accounting department, experience in the software/tech industry in a subscription billing environment is an asset
• Strong work ethic and integrity
• Diploma or certification in the business/accounting field is an asset
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Impeccable accuracy with numbers and high attention to detail
• Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to write clear, concise and formal business communications
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and time-manage
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team with minimal supervision
• Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Intermediate Accountant_GRAC111” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 27, 2014 12:07 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more