NGRAIN® provides interactive 3D visualization technology and software based on its patented voxel-based 3D rendering engine. Offering development platforms and authoring tools, NGRAIN enables organizations to bridge the gap between the digital and physical worlds using augmented reality and interactive virtual applications on mobile devices.. We are more than a hot little start-up. We are transforming the way people share knowledge and NGRAIN is already in use by organizations worldwide. With over 10 years of design and innovation, our small but mighty team is determined to bring more innovative products to market. This is a chance to work with an amazingly talented team of people, on the coolest 3D visualization technology. You live anywhere in Canada and be part of our team as this position may work remotely, or may work out of our Vancouver or Ottawa office.
Reporting to the Team Leader in Products Development, the Software Developer will work within the Products team to develop cross-platform augmented reality mobile applications for an enterprise/industrial environment, as well as extensions to existing NGRAIN desktop content authoring applications to support the NGRAIN AR deployment pipeline. Primary development will be in C#, C++ and Objective-C. In addition, this individual will also be able to work directly with the relevant project stakeholders. There will also be a chance to work with cutting edge hardware such as wearable electronics.
• Work with development teams to deliver quality product releases in a demanding environment.
• Work with project stakeholders to understand product usage, to analyze requirements and to suggest innovative solutions.
• Participate in and contribute to an agile development process.
• Unit and integration test software according to internal quality standards and guidelines.
• Develop software prototypes, investigate performance issues, and resolve product defects as required
• Participate in hack day projects to drive innovation and new ideas
• Provide technical assistance for pre-sales activities
• Become intimately familiar with the NGRAIN 3D volume graphics programming API and become an NGRAIN technology champion
• Provide technical guidance to other team members
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 2-5 years of experience in developing mobile applications in a cross-platform environment.
• 2-5 years of C++ programming experience
• Experience with agile process such as SCRUM
• Experience in augmented reality or computer vision
• Experience in design patterns, systems design and architecture
• Experience with automated user acceptance testing will be an asset
• Experience with Xamarin will be an asset
• Ability to handle frequent challenges with a positive attitude
• Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of 3D graphics concepts (coordinate spaces, object projection and movement)
• Software installer (WIX, MSI) creation experience
We offer flexible work hours, a great Coal Harbor location, competitive base salary with comprehensive benefits and most importantly an opportunity to be part of a team that is innovative and passionate about working with the coolest 3D visualization technology.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com. Please quote “Mobile/AR Developer” and your last name in the subject line of your email and attach your documents in a PDF format. Due the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in our company and thank you for exploring career opportunities with NGRAIN. See beyond reality!
- Date Posted:
- Jun 9, 2014 3:09 PM PDT
- NGRAIN Corporation
NGRAIN® provides interactive 3D visualization technology and software based on its patented voxel-based 3D rendering engine. Offering development platforms and authoring tools, NGRAIN enables organizations to bridge the gap between the digital and physical worlds using augmented reality and interactive virtual applications on mobile devices. We are transforming the way people share knowledge and NGRAIN is already... more