We are looking to hire a ‘Research Intern’ for our Headquarters in Ottawa. This person will work directly with all members of the talent acquisition team and will own the task of finding qualified candidates who haven’t been referred or have applied directly. You’ll help us map out where the top talent is hiding and how we can get in front of them. The internet has made it possible to identify the right people to reach out to, but has also introduced an incredible amount of noise. We need to continue to find and hire the best people in the world, and need help identifying them.
What would a Researcher on the Talent Acquisition team do? Our thoughts so far:
- Identifying companies to explore based on industry, financial state, recent acquisitions etc;
- Researching future Shopify employees using LinkedIn, Twitter, Github, Dribbble, Google, Talent Bin and other social media sites;
- Coming up with creative ways to source new candidates;
- Identifying and evaluating new data mining tools to be used to accelerate your work;
- Continually answering the question, “who should we be reaching out to?”
To be well suited for this role, the majority of these should resonate with you;
- Genuine curiosity in people and conversations;
- A history of learning and picking up on new skills quickly;
- Research experience and the ability to think analytically about problems;
- The ability to get up to speed and understand how things work;
- An addiction to the internet;
- An interest in the technology community.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity, please fill in your info below and attach your CV in pdf format.
Imagine you are responsible for looking into Shopify’s talent. Use your research skills to identify the following 5 Shopify employees:
- UX Researcher - location British Columbia
- Software Developer - originally from Germany and can solve a rubik’s cube in 15 seconds
- Designer - has been with Shopify for 3 years, 10 months
- Data Analyst - author of Probabilistic Programming & Bayesian Methods for Hackers
- Design Guru - from New Zealand
- Date Posted:
- Jul 25, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more