At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
As a Revenue Accountant at Vena you will perform a range of functions tied to revenue including invoicing, time tracking and commissions accounting, and assisting with budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis. You will work with various internal stakeholders including members across the Finance, Sales, and Marketing teams.
You are self-motivated individual who is looking to learn and grow in their career. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and seize opportunities to take ownership and increase responsibilities as the company grows. You are able to think outside of the box and you love to develop creative solutions to complex and challenging problems.
- Time collection and reporting
- Commissions processing and accounting
- Deferred revenue accounting
- Revenue reporting and analysis
- Month-end accounting and account reconciliations
- Maintenance of revenue, time and commissions forecasting and budgeting models
- Ad hoc analysis
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Completion of or working towards an accounting designation (i.e. CMA, CA, etc.)
- At least two (2+) years’ experience in an accounting role, preferably with a software or high-tech company with a fast pace and rapid growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with sales and marketing teams
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Excel and experience working with accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Experience building and maintaining financial models, preferably working with recurring revenue sources
- Experience with accounting for invoicing, deferred revenue, subscriber reporting and commissions
- The ability to work both independently and autonomously or as part of a team
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will ensure your accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 14, 2014 10:46 AM PDT
- Vena Solutions
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re... more