Job ID: GRGA117
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
Global Relay is looking for a Lead on our Administrative team to provide exceptional internal and external administrative support. In this role, you will be responsible for timely and accurate assistance and overseeing activities for members on this growing department. We are looking for an experienced professional who is capable of multi-tasking, delegating, and mentoring all while wearing a genuine smile.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on and driven professional with strong inter-personal skills and a flare for customer service.
• Ensure adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload
• Maintain supplies and condition of the office, kitchen and lounge and arrange for necessary actions among administrative staff
• Promote process-orientation and ensure training of all administrative staff
• Delegate work to team and oversee daily time-management of their workload and output
• Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
• Project coordination and other duties as assigned
• Perform CRM data entry into SalesForce, updating records and following up on requests as needed
• Provide assistance and support for various Global Relay team members and departments in daily operations
• Manage meetings and training schedules and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner
• Provide assistance on front-end client support when needed – answer client inquiries and direct to appropriate parties
• Post-secondary diploma or degree complemented by 5-7 years relevant work experience
• Work experience in customer service industry; leadership experience an asset
• Ability to speak and write English fluently and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills with excellent telephone etiquette
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Ability to manage complex processes with different accountabilities, procedures, priorities and timelines.
• Flexibility in scheduling
• Exceptional time-management, delegation, organizational & prioritizing skills with great attention to detail
• Strong work ethic with a willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities
• Understanding of staffing and supervision practices and willingness to contribute to team effort
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion and can be entrusted with confidential information
• Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
• A friendly, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
• Supervisory experience is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Administrative Assistant, Lead_GRGA117” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 26, 2014 2:45 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more