We are expanding our software development team and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, hands-on, Software Development Manager to join our company and complement our Search and Data Services team. This position is responsible for the overall delivery of the software, its design and implementation, and coordinating with other development teams, QA, Project and Product Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of the product service suite in accordance with the requirements as defined by the Product Manager
- Collaboration with Product Management to contribute towards effective future product release planning to produce, in a timely manner, the best possible product
- Coordination and collaboration with various stakeholders on product release planning, development, test, and delivery
- Define project plans, and provide effort and schedule estimates at various stages of product planning
- Define and maintain resource allocation plans
- Utilize existing capabilities and introduce new functionalities to support changing business requirements
- Collaboration with various teams to define and maintain the overall technical architectural integrity of the service suite
- Be the technical evangelist of the responsible product component to ensure that its development and architectural approach adheres to the overall direction of our product technology roadmap
- Managing the development infrastructure, tools and processes to ensure and continuously improve the development team’s efficiency
- Responsible for the timely resolution of internal as well as external customer issues
- Responsible for the timely handling of internal stakeholder requests
- Conduct the appropriate level of product knowledge transfer to better serve our customers
- Management of a team of Software Engineers including performance reviews and compensation input, professional development, recruitment and team building
- Mentoring for technology, design, communication and conflict resolution
- Organizing, delegating, and following up on assigned tasks towards completion of product development
- Elimination of obstacles for development through effective planning and open communication with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience leading and managing a software development team, following an agile development methodology, preferably Scrum
- Experience with the ASP.NET framework and C#, as well as various open-source technologies, including MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with design of large scale systems, and SOA-based service suites
- Customer-oriented focus in the decision making process on product planning and development, and the resolution of issues
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Software Development Manager” from the list of available positions or email your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance and will directly contact those who are selected for interviews.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 2, 2014 3:39 PM PDT
- Move Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more