Hootsuite Media is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our Vancouver team. The Hootsuite Nerd Nest is a strong collaborative environment; bringing together people with disparate yet complementary skills and the common goal of building the best IT shop in Vancouver. We are innovative, team oriented and a fun pack of nerds.
- Lead role in redesign, management and efficiency improvement of Hootsuite’s growing internal network, server and storage infrastructure (both physical and virtual)
- Implement, manage, monitor and administer VMWare/Linux environment.
- Manage, monitor and administer of Enterprise level SAN/NAS.
- Backup and recovery of corporate data and system.
- Participate in migration from and ongoing integration of LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP with Active Directory.
- Participate in special project with Dev Ops team to support development and Hootsuite production environments as require and liaison to Dev Op.
- Participate in fault handling and escalation with production, operations and support team.
- Support VPN, Kerberos, DNS DHCP, Ubuntu.
- Administration of on premises network hardware (Mac, Dell Switches/Storage/Servers, Aruba wireless).
- Work with various departments to continuously improve processes.
- Desktop support for local and remote users on Mac platform, as needed
- Support connectivity to remote offices globally
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent network design, administration, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise level VMWare and Linux OS.
- Good understanding of upcoming cloud technologies like OpenStack, Cloudstack, etc.
- An excellent and innovative technical problem identification and resolution skills that allow you to cope with the challenges and opportunities.
- Experience managing projects, objectives and deliverables
- Experience in a 24×7 production environment delivering high availability or mission-critical applications; available for on-call.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise level SAN/NAS.
- Experience with implementing and managing technology and business processes around security and change management.
- Experience in data backup and recovery technologies and solutions.
- Experience in systems management and monitoring solutions.
- Experience with LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, Ubuntu (and other Linux flavours), MacOS X.
- Script programming via bash, perl, python or other
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exposure to Google Apps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Not above helping the desktop team as needed
- Team player. Positive attitude.
- Patient; Enjoys teaching other and also enjoys learning
- Date Posted:
- Jul 31, 2014 3:28 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more