Incognito Software Inc., a Canadian company with headquarters in Vancouver, has been providing connectivity solutions for large networks, inside and outside of Canada, since 1992. Our software helps global communications service providers and enterprises quickly and cost-effectively deploy data, voice, and video networks using our automated IP address management, domain management, and provisioning systems. We are located on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver, central to many public transportation routes.
Incognito was voted one of the Top 5 companies to work for in BC (in the Digital Tech and Technological Services industry) in the 2010 Best Companies to Work for in BC survey conducted by the Mindfield Group.
We are expanding and looking for a self-motivated and technically competent individual, who has excellent communication skills in English and Spanish, both written and verbal, to join our Customer Support Team. The primary focus will be remotely supporting our customers, though the successful candidate will also be required to travel to our customers’ sites worldwide, providing technical support for our software.
As a Support Engineer, you will build on your current expertise by:
● Providing pre-sales and post-sales support via email, phone and remote access.
● Providing technical support including delivering presentations, training sessions and demos for customers.
● Providing support in pre-sales product demonstrations.
● Providing onsite customer support, writing and proof-reading documentation, and responding to after-hours emergency support calls.
● Interfacing with Engineering and Marketing to provide valuable input on product development.
You must possess the following:
● Post-secondary degree and 5 years of relevant working experience.
● Familiarity with TCP/IP networking on UNIX.
● Experience in scripting using Perl and/or Shell.
● Knowledge of network configuration and various hardware devices such as routers and switches.
● Ability to work alone troubleshooting complicated network problems, and the ability to work in a team environment.
● Fluency in both verbal and written English & Spanish
● Enjoy working in a team environment as well as working alone and with our developers to track down and solve customer problems.
● Must be results driven, proactive and possess a positive mindset.
● Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
● A professional work attitude and phone manner.
● The following skills would be an asset:
● LAN network administration experience on Solaris and/or Linux.
● Previous technical support or help desk experience.
● Fluency in Portuguese.
Why Incognito? We offer the following:
● Conveniently located next to the Waterfront Station, giving you access to the Canada Line, Seabus, West Coast Express and the Skytrain.
● A generous extended healthcare, dental and vision plan
● Fitness reimbursement
● Cooking demos and workshops by experts
● Education Policy to help you keep your skills updated or to pick up a new skill
● Birthday parties with catered lunch
● In-house massages and a Massage Room
● Parties – summer outing for family, Kids Year End Party (Yes! We think about our employees’ kids too), Office Year End Party
● …..and the list goes on
When submitting a cover letter and resume, please use .rtf (rich text format) or .pdf formats only.
Put in your application today and find out more about Incognito!
- Date Posted:
- May 2, 2014 1:54 PM PDT
- Incognito Software
Incognito Software is a global provider of automated IP address management, domain management, and multimedia provisioning systems. Broadband providers and large enterprises worldwide use our products to quickly and cost-effectively deploy high-reliability data, voice, and video networks. Incognito is recognized for its top-rated carrier-grade software, superior customer support, and partnerships with leading... more