A true Internet success story, Nexopia was born in the dark of a cold Edmonton winter only to rise to become Canada’s largest social networking site for youth. With over 1.2 million members, and hundreds of new accounts created every day, Nexopia is quickly solidifying its reputation as the online place for teens to connect and express themselves. Nexopia.com is searching for a motivated and innovative QA Manager to deliver significant knowledge and process management capability through internal development functions. You will work closely with a seasoned team of talented, dynamic professionals providing start-to-finish QA support that test, evaluate, and validate IT initiatives and identify issues in software or services. You’ll need to be a leader with proven technical skills who can support and drive the development of innovative product solutions at all stages. Responsibilities:
- Manage the release process of releasing both incremental and major changes to a large-scale website, from testing, to staging, to bringing it live.
- Represent the QA stance with Development, Customer Service and Product Management to relay quality metrics leading to business decisions.
- Collect and monitor metrics to identify, prioritize, and resolve open defects.
- Collaborate with Development Manager to develop continuous integration practices, manage and maintain project plans and report on progress.
- Communicate and review processes in coordination with other key functions in the organization, both IT and customer service focus.
- Implement appropriate QA methods/processes to all relevant teams/departments.
- Evaluate QA project plans to ensure deadlines are met.
- Implement policy management for subversion repository with assistance from Internal IT.
- Significant (10+ years) experience in managing release and/or QA processes. We expect battle scars.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with version control software. CVS, Perforce, and Subversion experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SourceSafe only applicable if you can tell us what’s wrong with it.
- Experience in a mixed computing environment, including Windows, Macs, and Linux.
- Experience in software development is a plus, especially if that experience includes C, C++, Ruby, or PHP.
- Solid understanding of software development, QA processes and methodologies.
- Strong QA Project Management skills.
- Innovative thinker who is enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated.
Nexopia.com Inc. takes care of its staff. A competitive salary, equity, medical benefits, and 3 weeks paid vacation are just the beginning of the perks you can expect from us. Salary figure will be decided based on experience and qualifications. The successful candidate must pass an Edmonton Police Service Security clearance check as a condition or their employment with Nexopia.com Inc. To join our team, submit a resume and cover letter citing this career posting to firstname.lastname@example.org.