With over 70 submissions from around the world and thousands of (registered) digital content fans voting for their favourites, New Media BC revealed the winners of the second annual PopVox Awards at the closing gala of VIDFEST on Friday.
- Best Digital Animated Short: PSYOP for Coca-Cola “Happiness Factory, the Movie”
- Best Digital VFX: Ubisoft for Assassin’s Creed
- Best Game (Console/PC): Metanet Software and Slick Entertainment for N+ on Xbox 360 / XBLA
- Best Game (Casual): Acronym Games for Rocketmen: Axis of Evil
- Best Mobile (Game): The Saints for NavBall
- Best Mobile (Application): CellMap
- Best Digital Campaign: Rainmaker Entertainment and Zeros2Heroes Media for A ReBoot ReLaunch
- Best User Generated/Crowd-sourced Content Site: Memelabs from Invoke Media
- Best Digital Score: Clicktoy Interactive for The Meadow
- Best Do-Gooder site (Social Change Initiative): smashLAB for DesignCanChange.org
- Homegrown Award (Best BC-based Venture): smashLAB for MakeFive.com
The second year PopVox competition took place over a six-week period, with creators submitting and nominating their own work online throughout April 2008, followed by a public voting period from May 1-12th. Congrats to all the winners.