Jama Software won the Bend Venture Conference on friday. They were part of the 5 companies which presented business pitches to the 250 people who went to the conference. Jama provides an webservice which facilitates collaborative software product development.
The companies that presented were:
- Dune Sciences LLC – provider of anti-microbial nano materials
- Golden Signals Inc. – Connect your laptop display to your big screen TV
- Eco-Winter Systems LLC – Winterize your house plumbing
- Jama Software – Collaboratively develop software requirements
- Gadget Trak – Find your lost ipod, laptop or cell phone
Gadget Trak was the winner of the wild card session where ten companies gave one minute pitches and was provided a slot to present and be eligable for the award.
This style of Angel Investment Conference has grown out of the activities at the Oregon Entrepreneur Network, which sponsors several events including the Oregon Seed , Angel Oregon (March 12,2009) and Venture Northwest (Oct 30,2008). This year, there are two new Angel investment conferences: The Gorge Angel Conference which as held in september and the Willamette Angel Conference (May 14, 2009).
These conferences in Oregon differ from the Early Stage Investors Conference, held by NWEN in Seattle, because the conferences forn an Angel Fund which creates an LLC which provides an award of a specific cash investment in the company. The awards range from $70,000 to $150,000 for most of these conferences. Jama Software was awarded $110,000 for the Bend Venture Conference.