Blue Castle Games is a full-service, multi-project and multi-platform 3rd party developer located in Vancouver, Canada. The studio was formed in 2005, fulfilling the desire to start a company where creativity, experience and hard work come together to create outstanding games. We are currently a 160 plus-person studio which has more than doubled in the past year. In its short tenure, Blue Castle has already developed and shipped The BIGS (published by 2K Sports in June 2007) on PS3, 360, PS2, PSP and Wii. We are well underway on three new projects – an unannounced Action title and two Sports titles one of which was just announced – MLB Front Office Manager to be released on three platforms.
Blue Castle Games is on the hunt for an Online Software Engineer for an un-announced Sport title to be released on multiple platforms. An Online Software Engineer works closely with our existing Online team, who are responsible for all online backend technology and the overall online user experience on platforms like Xbox Live and the PS/3.
- Design, write, debug, and refine online features, infrastructure and tools
- Work with Artists, Designers, and other Programmers to ensure online features are well designed
- Participate in project planning and scheduling
- Minimum of 3+ years experience with C++ programming and debugging of which 1 year has been spent in online development for a video game.
- You must have shipped at least 1 x AA/AAA title with a strong online component preferably of the Action, FPS or Sports genres
- Experience with: TCP, UDP, data synchronization between networked machines and anti-cheating measures while always being aware of online network security and cheating issues.
- Experience with WinSock and the Xbox Live XDK preferred.
- Superior and pioneering problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Able to communicate with both technical and creative team members face-to-face and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field, or equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please visit our careers page. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.