The folks behind the Angel Forum are running a workshop next month for business investors interested in learning more about the angel investment process and for entrepreneurs to help get Investor Ready.
The one-day Angel Capital Overview Workshop will provide an overview of the angel investment process; Valuation, Due Diligence, Term Sheets and Post Investment relationships. Interactive expert presentations, panel discussions and small group case studies will be facilitated by experienced angel investors and expert service providers.
Faculty will be led by Kauffman Foundation Entrepreneur-in-Residence Bill Payne. Bill is an active an active private investor and board member, and advisor to entrepreneurs. He is an involved member of San Diego’s Tech Coast Angels, Vegas Valley Angels and Aztec Venture Network. Over three decades, Bill Payne has successfully founded or invested in 31 start-up companies.
Should you atttend? If you are planning to invest or raise private equity in the next 6 to 12 months, ask yourself:
- With public equity markets down 40+ %, how do you correctly value a private company?
- Do you have a good overview of the language and ramifications of a term sheet?
- Are you familiar with how due diligence is conducted?
- What post investment activities (Board of Directors, Mentoring, Communication) are required?
- Do you want to network with private equity experts and other fellow entrepreneurs?
The January 26th workshop promises to also provide several opportunities for networking between investors, entrepreneurs, and faculty. One warning – Attendees must have business acumen to know the difference between debt, common and preferred shares.