It was an exciting night at the Seven Resto-Lounge. More than 70 Calgary’s tech enthusiasts braved the weather to see what was going on in the Calgary tech scene.
The night included five demos, announcements on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and a dinner sponsored by Venture Alberta.
The demos were videotaped and will soon be available at the DemoCamp website. So I am just going to include a brief blurb about each demo:
- Naviblast and Population Control by Steve Gazzard: Entertaining casual games for the Xbox
- Solidjott by Ben Eadie: Crowdsourced technical support for Solidworks
- WineCollective by Adrian Bryksa & David Gluzman: The wine experience for the rest of us.
- Pharaoh 2 by Jon Lam: A hidden object game with an Egyptian theme
- Video Guestbook by Andrew Hanna: If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video would be worth millions of words
Some of the announcements:
- Next DemoCamp Calgary on April 28, 2009. Venue: TBD
- Next BarCamp Calgary on June 2009
- Next DemoCamp Banff on June 2009
- The Future of Gaming on March 18, 2009. Venue: Scurfield Hall – Shell Forum. University of Calgary. Time: 5:00 PM
- Next installment of the Basement to Boardroom Series to be held in Edmonton
For further information keep an eye on the BarCamp Calgary website.