The incubator is nearing the end of its second semester and is planning an exhibition where investors, media and the public can come and view the projects the students have been developing. There is always lots of interesting business models, start ups, software, and even occasionally hardware to be seen.
Teams will be competing for prizes including $2,000, $1,000, a free patent filing, and a half day of consultation with Basecamp Partners. Details are still scarce on exactly will be presented by the teams. So far the list of start ups presenting is,
– WordBridge: A picture to text foreign language translation smart phone app
– Storeneto.com: Create your own e-commerce store
– Kwikly – Velocity Game Studio
– Inkblotter: Electronic book distribution
– GreenStream: Cash management software for small businesses
– Virutal Edge: Remote access service
– Cheaptonight.com: Daily localized food and entertainment specials
The exhibition will be held Tuesday, March 31st from 10:30am – 2:30pm in the Student Life Center at the University of Waterloo. Admission is free.