What are we looking for? Well, our four “big bucket” categories are consumer Internet, mobile, gaming, and enterprise Internet. We want to work with digital media startup teams that want to hucker down and spend 8 months growing their business, either getting ready for further investment or growing their “cash engine” to a profitable state.
Yes, this is similar to Y Combinator or TechStars. The TechStars model is the one we’re most inspired by, although we’ve put our own unique twist on it. We believe, like they do, in a mentor model, and that being in the same physical space is important.
Victoria Revay and Warren Frey caught up with Bootup Labs’ Boris Mann at the last Launch Party Vancouver event and he did a little pitch of his own.
Interested? Head on over to the Bootup Labs’ application page to apply and pay attention to these upcoming dates:
- Application deadline: November 6
- Interviews with select applicants: November 9 through November 20
- Offers made to selected companies: November 30 to December 4th
- Program begins: mid-January, 2010
- Program ends: end of September 2010