DemoCamp Vancouver 9 is tonight at 6:30pm in the Atrium of The Landing at 375 Water Street (next to Steamworks) and it is sold-out. The event lineup is set but as always there will be time for anyone to make an impromptu 30 second pitch for their company or idea.
Tonight there will be two featured presentations along with the demo lineup – Mike Lee of the newly formed Roger Ventures (he is also CEO of Thoora) and Tim Bray, Director of Web Technologies at Sun.
The scheduled demoing startups will be:
- Recotype – an open framework for requesting and receiving recommendations on Twitter
- Yummy Republic – a wireless platform to link take-out restaurants with the Web to enable them receive online orders and send back confirmation to customer instantly.
- Troovy – a web and mobile-based local discovery platform – users find recommended places and people based on their own travel and feedback patterns
- Deets.me – lets to manage your contact details in a simple and centralized way
- Layerboom – provides hosting companies with a comprehensive software platform which gives them the ability to turn their dedicated servers into virtual private server clouds