As part of nextMEDIA Toronto, the Canadian New Media Awards (CNMAs) announced this year’s award winners across 19 categories this evening at their gala ceremony at the Toronto Design Exchange.
In its ninth consecutive year, the CNMAs spotlight the talents and successes of the country’s interactive media industry in categories such as Hottest New Digital Kid on the Block, Best Mobile Marketing, Best Use of Social Media and Best Web-based Game. New categories introduced this year include Best Online Video Portal, Best Mobile Application, and Brand of the Year.
The gala celebration was hosted by comedian Seán Cullen, who had the audience laughing as he annouced the winners.
- Best Company of the Year – Toronto’s Cyberplex Inc.
- Best Brand of the Year – Doritos
- Promising New Company of the Year – Toronto’s Syncapse
- Hottest New Digital Kid on the Block – Toronto’s ChickAdvisor.com
- Best in Mobile Marketing – Brisk ARTwist by Markham’s Addictive Mobility
- Best Mobile Application – Air Canada iPhone App by IBM Canada
- Best Location Based Service – Poynt by Calgary’s Multiplied Media
- Best Use of Social Media – Vancouver’s Invoke Media, creator of HootSuite
- Best in Interactive Marketing – Doritos White Bag by Toronto’s BBDO/Proximity Canada
- Best Branded Entertainment – Worldwide Short Film Festival: Short Attention Span by Toronto’s doug
- Best Cross-Platform Project – Waterlife Interactive by the National Film Board of Canada
- Best Online Video Portal – National Film Board of Canada: Online Screening Room
- Best Innovative Web-based Game – Junk: Battles by London’s Antic Entertainment
- Best Kids Interactive – Titanium Chef by Vancouver’s mod7
- Best in Canadian Culture, Interactive: In Touch: Connecting Cloth, Culture & Art by Toronto’s ecentricarts
- Best Online Comedy Performance – Montreal’s Têtes à claques
- Best Online Artist of the Year – K-os
- Leader in Social Change – Mark & Tonya Surman
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Red Burns