On Thursday May 6th the IveyBC Speaker Series return with a breakfast event titled Silicon Valley VC Investment in Canadian Technology Companies: Past, Present and Future. Panorama Capital Chris Albinson will be venturing up from Menlo Park to his home country to share his insight on the following.
Now that the Canadian Federal Government has opened the doors more widely to American investment in Canadian technology ventures, join fellow members of Vancouver’s technology and investment communities as we explore some critical questions:
- How do Silicon Valley VC’s perceive the Canadian technology sector?
- What do Silicon Valley VC’s look for in their technology investments?
- How can Canadian technology companies stand out and attract valley investment?
- When should Canadian ventures consider attracting Silicon Valley investors?
- How should Canadian technology entrepreneurs best approach Silicon Valley VC’s?
- In what ways are Silicon Valley VC’s different from Canadian investors?
Albinson is a co-founder and Managing Director of Panorama where he focuses primarily on internet technology investments. Albinson has been a speaker, panelist, and judge at Web 2.0 Summit, Next Generation Networks, Red Herring Top 100, Canada’s Top 10 Technology Start Ups, and the Gilder’s Telecosm conference.
Albinson holds a B.S. and an M.B.A. from the University of Western Ontario and was instrumental in the creation of the C100 – a new Silicon Valley based mentoring and networking organization for Canadian entrepreneurs.
Albinson was in the news last week when Panorama led a $8 Million financing round for Calgary’s Tynt and he was named to the Board of Directors.
The event gets underway at Clark Wilson’s offices on the 8th floor at 885 West Georgia at 8:00am for registration and a continental breakfast followed by Albinson’s presentation from 8:30am – 9:15am.
General registration is $30 with IveyBC Supporting Members and Guest paying $25.