Thanks to this week’s Business in Vancouver newspaper and their Top 100 High-Tech Companies in BC list we’re able to update our post from last month about the Ten Biggest Video Game Developers in BC. Here are the top ten employers in the gaming sector in Vancouver:
- Electronic Arts – 1,300 employees
- United Front Games – 227 employees
- Propaganda Games – 205 employees
- THQ Canada (Relic Entertainment) – 176 employees
- Blue Castle Games – 165 employees
- Slant Six Games – 120 employees
- Ubisoft Vancouver – 112 employees
- Radical Entertainment – 110 employees
- Next Level Games – 108 employees
- Rockstar Vancouver – 100 employees
According to BIV, rankings are based on the number of staff working in British Columbia as of March 31, 2010. Data was collected via interviews conducted by BIV with the studios that responded to requests for information.
The BIV list uses 2009 figures for Propaganda Games, Slant Six Games, and Next Level Games. In the case of Propaganda Games, we have heard from an employee there and updated their employee count.