Increasingly it seems that every news outlet needs to have its own iPhone application, to ensure that its brand is front and centre on your smartphone. Now with the work of Vancouver based developer Atimi Software Inc. technology blog network GigaOM joins the list. Atimi has already worked on developing the iPhone portals for such companies as the New York Times, ESPN, and HBO.
On a post announcing the new application Om Malik announces the new app’s features:
- Real-time stream of posts 24/7 from across the GigaOM network of seven leading websites, with full user-commenting capabilities
- Access to the GigaOM Pro research service, including its more than 100 research reports, PDF downloads and the ability to sign up for the service within the app itself
- Ability to share posts and stories via Twitter, Facebook and email
- Video posts and live-stream video from GigaOM conferences and events
- Detailed conference and event information including speaker line-ups, schedules and the ability to purchase event tickets
- Twitter feeds from across the team of GigaOM writers within the GigaOM Pulse feature
- Saved articles folder for future viewing of selected items
- Direct communication channel with our team of writers
The application is now in the iTunes App Store and is a free download.