Yesterday Wavefront announced the eight companies chosen to participate in their new Entrepreneurship@Wavefront program. This new program is offered in partnership with BCIC to support and nurture early-stage B.C. wireless companies from concept to commercialization over 12 months.
Applicants were evaluated by leaders from Wavefront, BCIC, and the venture capital and investment community.
Selected wireless companies receive office space in Wavefront’s collaborative wireless incubator environment for one year and access to Wavefront’s advisory and testing services including its handset library, usability services, refinement of business development strategies and industry connections.
Participants for the 2010 Entrepreneurship@Wavefront program are:
- Awesense Wireless – who designed a platform solution to help utility companies identify electrical distribution losses to quickly and easily increase efficiencies and recover lost revenue
- D2D Campaign Solutions – who provide a mobile campaign platform to augment face-to-face communications in building and mobilizing a support base
- ikamobile Limited – who created Movie Finder to help Android users search for movies playing at local cinemas in 16 countries
- Marine Drive Mobile Labs – who deliver universal accessibility for people with visual and dexterity challenges
- PortaLife Solutions, Inc. – who develop mobile solutions for healthy lifestyles including CarrotLines, a mobile application to help consumers make informed buying decisions based on their dietary and lifestyle preferences
- QRL – who increases customer loyalty and profits for restaurant operators by enabling customers to participate in a loyalty program on a self-serve basis using their smartphones
- Revonet Consulting Inc. – whose Memor appointment solutions software that uses wireless phones to synchronize appointments between businesses and their customers
- Single Digit Labs – who are creating new and captivating ways of using camera smartphones
Participants move into the Wavefront office space this week.