On September 12th-14th, Interactive Ontario (IO) will present The Interactive Exchange at Toronto’s Carlu. One of the interesting aspects of this year’s conference is that it sits at the convergence of social, mobile and gaming with the purpose of presenting a visionary and cross platform view under an interactive lens. Target audience? digital media enthusiastis, industry professionals and those whom are interested in the future of the digital economy.
One of the central mandates of the IO, is the support it offers for over 220 interactive digital media companies covering a range of sectors including: e-Learning, video/online games, mobile, television, and social media. IO also works with many interactive digital media stakeholders including those working in marketing, law, accounting services, research and academia.
Jordan Mechner, best known for the Prince of Persia franchise will be the keynote speaker for the event.
Mechner became the first game creator to successfully adapt his own work as a feature film screenwriter with Disney’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, directed by Mike Newell and starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Sir Ben Kingsley, and Alfred Molina, Prince of Persia was the #1 movie in the world for its first two weeks of release in May 2010, and is the world’s highest-grossing video game adaptation ever. Mechner has screen story and executive producer credit on the film.
Other event speakers include:
- Eric Johanson, Project Scientist & Entropy Generator, Intellectual Ventures Lab
- Ariel Garten, CEO, Interaxion
- Kunal Gupta, CEO, Polar Mobile
- Juliette Powell, Author, Pundit, Integrated Media Specialist
- Ewan McIntosh, Director, NoTosh Limited
- Yona Shtern, CEO, Beyond the Rack
- Denis Dyack, Founder and President, Silicon Knights
- Paul Bennun, Owner, Somethin’ Else
- Derek K. Douglas, Agent, Digital Development Management
- Jade Raymond, Managing Director, Ubisoft Toronto
- Eric Hobson, Managing Director, Connect 2 Media
- Nick di Maggio, Senior Education & Training Committee Member, British Sound & Television Society
- Charles Hunter, Development Director, Mudlark
- David Edery, Manager and Principal, Fuzbi
- Robert Ferrari, VP Publishing & Business Development, Sanrio Digital
This year’s IN10 is set to inspire, provide insight and act as a platform for interaction. We’ll see you there!