IN: The INteractive Exchange is a unique cross-platform interactive media event that features two action-packed days of inspiration, insight and interaction between top creative and business minds from across Canada and around the world.
Day 1 of #IN10 started off with Jordan Mechner, the Author, Screenwriter, Film Maker and Video Game Designer. Mechner shared the obstacles he faced as he tried to hold onto the essence of Prince of Persia as he grew the brand from an Apple II to selling 14 million games to date, a feature film, books, toys and LEGO based on the games.
There were three streams of presentations:
- Rogers Digital Media X-Platform Stream
- Blackberry Social Media Stream
- OCAD University Visionary Stream
With the theme of mobile, one of the sessions on the future of mobile had innovators in the space discuss the importance of developing mobile as a medium on its own. Presenters include Kunal Gupta, CEO, Polar Mobile, Neil Sweeney, President, JUICE Mobile, and Ken Seto, Co-founder and CEO, Endloop Studios.
Other sessions included:
- Financing Across Screens. This session had executives from Royal Bank of Canada, Export Development Canada, and other leaders.
- Interaction = Convergence & Creativity = Managing Chaos. Executive Director of Singularity University, Salim Ismail, discussed the vision of multiple disciplines converging at the university and how they deal with it.
A cool component of the conference is the 1×1 meetings which you can schedule with presenters. Learn more about Mobile Innovation Week for upcoming events.