The 2010 CrackBerry Awards took place this week and some Canadians took home hardware for their BlackBerry Apps.
This year thereare 15 awards categories – 11 are application categories, three are developer awards (best app, game and theme developer of the year awards) and the final is the CrackBerry Editor’s Choice awards, which don’t have nominees but will be announced at the CrackBerry App Awards party. There are five finalists in each app and developer awards category. Nominees were both submitted by the CrackBerry community and by members of the Crack team (writers, moderators, etc.).
Congrats to our Canadian winners:
- Winner for Health/Wellness: Gym Technik from Vancouver’s Gym Technik
- Winner for Utility – General: Halifax’s Tether
- Winner for Sports: Toronto’s Score Mobile
- Runner Up for Location Based: Poynt from Calgary’s Multiplied Media (behind Google Apps)
- Runner Up for News/Weather: Toronto-born, RIM acquired Viigo
- Runner Up for Best BlackBerry App Developer of the Year: Toronto’s Xtreme Labs
- Runner Up for Best BlackBerry Game Developer of the Year: Ottawa’s Magmic
Toronto’s Fixmo was nominated for the Utility – OS Enhancement category but didn’t place.