This fall former CREO Exec Mark Dance will be delivering an Entrepreneurship & Technology Commercialization Workshop for entrepreneurs.
The workshop is an intensive, hands-on exercise which compels the entrepreneur to think critically about the true value, commercialization potential and positioning of their product idea. This practical workshop covers key elements of technology entrepreneurship and product management, such as sustainable differentiation, revenue forecasts, pricing, competitive landscape, positioning and market strategy.
So what’s the format of the workshop?
- A series of three comprehensive one-day workshops introducing the critical thinking and skills necessary for an entrepreneur to build a successful business from their idea.
- Two participants from each selected company (The CEO or President and another person) may attend each workshop as well as the mentoring sessions.
- A final project tailored for each company will be used to evaluate the application of the course principles as well as providing a platform for the mentoring sessions.
- The workshop is taught by Mark Dance, an experienced tech leader who was instrumental in growing one of BC’s largest technology company success stories — Creo
- Three one-hour mentorship sessions directly with Mark Dance will be provided to each company after the completion of the final project
Who should apply?
- New or very early stage technology entrepreneurs in the Clean Tech space
- If an incorporated company, must be BC-based, privately-held and not been incorporated for more than two years
- Should have a product concept prototype complete or in development
- Less than $500,000 of equity financing raised from “outside investors”
When does it take place and how much does it cost?
- 3 Workshop days: Friday, October 22, October 29, and November 5, 9:00am-5:00pm
- 3 Mentorship sessions: Friday, November 19, December 3 and December 17
- A final team project is due after the completion of the three workshops
- Cost: $249
More information is available in this Entrepreneurship Workshop brochure (PDF).