Are we really this forgetful?
Citing survey results published in The Province earlier this week, here are some ridiculous stats that may tighten that grip you have on your Blackberry:
- Business travellers lose 12,000 laptops per week in North American airports. Per week, people. That’s almost 2,000 per day!
- 63% of small to medium businesses have lost devices within the past year. I guess this may be translated as “almost two-thirds of small to medium businesses have incompetent employees.” Except then that number would seem way too low.
- 58% have lost confidential data in the past year. Meh, Zucky would approve—openness is in, right?
- 100% have devices that can’t have their data remotely wiped. Hmm… I’m sensing an untapped market here. Money to be made?
- And this may wrap it up: 42% of data breaches in North America occur due to lost or stolen data-carrying devices. Another untapped market? I have a wrist lanyard for my digital camera—perhaps my smartphone needs one as well.