Innovation in BC is a biweekly feature highlighting local startups making waves in BC’s technology environment and exciting events for startups and entrepreneurs.
BCIC develops programs and initiatives that promote entrepreneurial development and the commercialization of technology, making BC a great place to start and grow technology companies. Follow BCIC on Twitter at @bcic or on Facebook.
A message from Danny Robinson, CEO, BCIC
Last week, Greg Aasen, Chair of BCIC, and I shared a paper on “The rationale for BCIC’s support of startups”. For those that haven’t had a chance to read it, I encourage you to do so. In it, we examine where BCIC can play a major role in strengthening BC’s ecosystem by supporting our local startup community.
Every big company was once upon a time a startup and as many of us know, the startup period can be the riskiest. We look forward to hearing your comments to the paper and how together, as a community, we can work to make BC the best place to start and grow technology companies.
As BCIC continues our mission of supporting the development of technology entrepreneurs and tech commercialization across our province, we are pleased to launch “Innovation in BC” in partnership with Techvibes.
- Wait Times No More Thanks to Clinicbook.ca
- QuikPiq: Helping You Make a Choice Using Your Social Networks
- Geotoko: Rewarding Consumer Loyalty
- TaxiNow: The Future of Finding a Taxi
Upcoming Tech Events
- February 10th – Canadian Financing Forum
- February 11th, 18th and 25th – Entrepreneurship & Technology Commercialization Workshop
- February 12th – ProductCamp Vancouver
- February 22nd – 24th – Mac MacIntosh in Kelowna, Victoria & Vancouver – Marketing for Leads and Sales
- February 24th – BCIC-New Ventures Competition: Regional awards ceremony
- March 1st – 3rd – The Lean Startup: Eric Ries in Victoria, Kelowna and Vancouver
If you’d like your tech event featured in Innovation in BC, please add it to the Techvibes Events Calendar.