Twelve tech companies on the brink of breakthroughs will be showcased in the Tech Expo at Communitech’s annual Tech Leadership Conference at Bingeman’s Conference Centre on Wednesday, March 2nd.
The Tech Expo is a major draw for the anticipated 500 attendees at the one-day event, along with the cache of speakers including author Geoffrey Moore, futurist Watts Wacker, and journalist-author Scott Berkun.
Companies in the 2011 Tech Expo include:
- Clearpath Robotics: designs and manufactures unmanned vehicles for industrial R&D
- TribeHR: has developed solutions that automate and simplify HR processes
- True Voice Technologies: has designed speech solutions for the mobile & Internet industries
- WatSec: provides IT security assessments for small and mid-sized organizations
- Maintenance Assistant Inc.: offers a free computerized maintenance management system
- Beyond One Eighty: has produced an advanced security and intelligence platform
- Canadian Cloud Computing: delivers business, software and hardware platforms for Canadian cloud computing
- Footloose Games: make fun, casual games for grown-ups
- OpenFile: builds community-powered local news sites
- RedwoodsMedia: produces on-line product and training videos
- SafePlug: provides electrical safety and energy conservation products
- Skillter: offers a hiring platform that intelligently matches candidates and opportunities
The Tech Leadership Conference will also feature a ‘BIG Conversation’ between Canadian industry leaders — MKS CEO Philip Deck, Sr. VP OSI John Ruffolo, and OpenText CTO Eugene Roman with Geoffrey Moore and moderated by Kevin Newman — addressing the major shifts occurring in the tech industry.
The event gets under way with registration starting at 7:30am on March 2nd at Bingeman’s Conference Centre in Kitchener. Register online at www.techleadership.ca/2011.