Mark your calendar for May 19th and 20th.
That’s when the Canadian Games Conference rolls into the Vancouver Convention Centre, unleashing a two-day conference and exhibition that brings together some of the industry’s top innovators, businesses, and talent responsible for the explosive growth of the gaming industry.
The conference provides a platform to share knowledge and develop industry partnerships and will serve as a forum for developers interested in business, production, design, programming, social games, and iPhone games. The event also offers visionary keynotes, an expo hall, and evening networking events.
David Helgason is confirmed to open this year’s Canadian Games Conference with a 9:30am keynote address on Thursday the 19th. David, an entrepreneur, visionary and ex-programmer, has served as the CEO of Unity Technologies since co-founding it in 2003.
And to further whet your whistle, here is a teaser list of just some of the myriad sessions:
- What Makes a Good Pitch? Lance Davis, Slant Six and Rob Caouette, Export Development Canada
- Social Games: Manipulating Your Brain Chemistry for Good – Michael Fergusson, CEO, Ayogo Games Inc.
- Musing About Cloud – Denis Dyak, President, Silicon Knights
- Evolution of an App – Matt Chilek, VP, Softlayer Technologies
- How MMOs Really Work – Simon Ludgate, Soulrift and Craig Morrison, Creative Director, Funcom Games
- Use Social Media Marketing to Grow Your Studio – Matt Tanner, Business Development Manager, Snowed in Studios
- So You Want to be a Game Programmer? – Karl Schmidt, Programmer, THQ
- Cross Platform iOS Development – Wolfgang Hamann, CEO, Koolhaus Games
For online registration click here. (Early bird rates end April 25.)