Innovation in BC is a biweekly feature highlighting local startups making waves in BC’s technology environment and exciting events for startups and entrepreneurs.
BCIC develops programs and initiatives that promote entrepreneurial development and the commercialization of technology, making BC a great place to start and grow technology companies. Follow BCIC on Twitter at @bcic or on Facebook.
A message from Danny Robinson, CEO, BCIC
This past Sunday, several enthusiastic BCICers joined the masses, estimated at about 49,365, as they ran their hearts out under sunny skies in the 27th annual Vancouver Sun Run. But I was very impressed to see that more than 770 organizations, corporations and institutions, including BCIC as part of the Leading Edge Technology Centre, competed in the Sun Run’s Team Division. This included 72 teams from within our local high tech sector, 58 engineering firms and 46 teams from BC’s academic institutions!
Though the Sun Run is over and done, there’s no need to hang up your running shoes! Now in its 12th year, the PMC-Sierra Science Fair Fun Run – the largest timed 5K race in BC and one of the technology industry’s largest fundraising events supporting young scientists, entrepreneurs and science fairs across the province – is happening Sunday, May 29th, 2011 at Athletes Village Plaza.
The early bird deadline is April 30th – sign up today. Your individual or corporate team participation in the PMC-Sierra Science Fair Fun Run ensures the success of future science fairs in BC and allows our youth to gain the skills they need to succeed in a fast-paced, knowledge-based world.
- Sunlighting: Harness the power of the sun with SunCentral Inc.
- Are you Energy Aware?
- Tower Radio takes wireless communications to the peak!
- Virtual Outdoor Adventure ready to seek vengeance on Dragons’ Den
Upcoming Tech Events
- April 21st: BCIC-New Ventures Networking Event
- April 26th: VEF Technology M&A Panel Discussion: Get the Insider’s View of the Market
- April 28th: BCIC-New Ventures Seminar 3: Market Research and Product Marketing
- April 28th: April VIAFest in Victoria
- May 5-6th: Agile Vancouver: Lean Startup Conference
If you’d like your tech event featured in Innovation in BC, please add it to the Techvibes Events Calendar.