Yesterday the BlackBerry Partners Fund launched the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge.
This year, developers can enter their BlackBerry apps in a series of competitions to win a share of US $3 million in prizes. Winners will be selected on a regional basis across four global regions – North America, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia Pacific.
This year’s challenge includes three competitions: Best Adobe Flash/AIR app; Most Innovative BlackBerry WebWorks app on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 6; and Most Addictive social app using the BBM Social Platform.
Both newly developed and existing applications are eligible to compete in this year’s BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. To participate in the challenge, application forms for each competition must be completed and submitted within the following dates:
- Best Flash/AIR Mobile App for BlackBerry PlayBook – can be submitted starting today, April 28, 2011 through August 12, 2011.
- Most Innovative BlackBerry WebWorks app on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 6 – can be submitted from May 9, 2011 through August 26, 2011 .
- Most Addictive social app using the BBM Social Platform – can be submitted later this summer; check the Challenge website for submission dates.
New this year in addition to the Challenge, the BlackBerry Partners Fund will be honouring applications in six categories to receive a Recognition Award. The recipients, which will be recognized regionally, will be selected in the following categories:
- Best B2C application developed for a customer by an Agency or ISV
- Most useful enterprise application
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics
- Top Performers – Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service
- Academic – Most compelling application created by student or faculty
All winners of the 2011 BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DEVCON) in October in San Francisco.