Innovation in BC is a biweekly feature highlighting local startups making waves in BC’s technology environment and exciting events for startups and entrepreneurs.
BCIC develops programs and initiatives that promote entrepreneurial development and the commercialization of technology, making BC a great place to start and grow technology companies. Follow BCIC on Twitter at @bcic or on Facebook.
A message from Danny Robinson, CEO, BCIC
Over the past five-plus months at BCIC we’ve been learning a lot about what needs to be done to make BC the best place in the world to start and grow technology companies. I’ve spent a lot of time meeting with and listening to entrepreneurs, governments and partners in BC’s tech community and now more than ever, I am convinced that BC is poised to be THE technology hub of North America. That’s why I am so excited to be able to now share with you BCIC’s mission, strategies and guiding principles to fortify BC’s technology ecosystem and support the creation of thousands of new technology jobs in BC.
- Attention gaming nerds! You need WTFast: online gaming accelerated with WTFast’s latency-reducing services
- Gogiro is helping small business get noticed: Burnaby-based startup Gogiro provides cloud-based e-business solutions
- Waste not, want not with Diacarbon Energy Inc.: waste-to-biofuels company Diacarbon offers an environmentally-friendly waste management service to businesses
- SideStix is keeping up the momentum: an update on the 2011 BCIC-New Ventures Competition: Regional second place winner and their Dragons’ Den opportunity
Upcoming Tech Events
- May 5th: BCIC Town Hall
- May 5th: BCIC-New Ventures Seminar 4: The Business Case
- May 5th: Lean Startup Conference
- May 9th: MoMoVan – Meet DigiBC’s New President
- May 12th: BCIC-New Ventures Seminar 5: Managing your Intellectual Property