Today BCIC and Wavefront announced the twelve companies chosen to participate in year two of the entrepreneurship@Wavefront program.
The 12-month program is designed to support and nurture early-stage B.C. wireless companies from product concept to market entry. The participants of the 2011 entrepreneurship@Wavefront program are:
- 14 Oranges Software is creating Questogo, a mobile scavenger hunt platform where players undertake quests in their neighbourhoods or cities and that allows organizers to create quests and share the results.
- 8 Leaf Digital Productions develops Biba, bringing playgrounds into the digital age by connecting mobile devices with playground equipment.
- Adaia brings together an elite mobile team of communications and design partners to create a revolutionary mobile phone for the “Modern Adventurer.”
- AppilyWed is a mobile app and website that allows wedding guests to fully experience a wedding through the sharing of photos, videos and messages.
- Gauge Mobile Solutions provide the Scanvee QR Code and NFC solution that turns advertising displays into interactive, mobile enabled, points of sale.
- Mini Checkout provides a mobile application that will allow customers shopping at a retail store to self checkout using their smart phones.
- New Indigo Ventures produces “The Dolphin Ocean Rescue,” an interactive 3D mobile game that is fun, educational and gives back through its marine Eco-partner program.
- Reality Games is building a new and innovative way to entertain fashionistas with mobile technology, making their real world fashion experiences more fun, engaging and social.
- Smart Button is a patented dime-sized memory storage device on a card that leverages new smart phone NFC circuits to wirelessly deliver everything from apps, songs, advertising and product manuals to your mobile device without broadband access.
- Trusterra specializes in building rich, cloud connected mobile applications and its flagship Scoop™ focuses on human friendly data capture and collaboration for distributed and field teams.
- ReFlex Wireless offers an agile data acquisition system for capturing transient medical data from patients, and provides a suite of analytical software for medical professionals to perform fast diagnostics and to quickly identify obscure biomarkers.
- Xonsen develops M2M Middleware enabling the “Internet of Things” by connecting Zigbee sensor networks into the Cloud.
Companies selected this year will immediately receive access to office space in Wavefront’s downtown accelerator centre and work with the team to develop an action plan for commercialization, determining the most effective mix of Wavefront expertise to accelerate their businesses forward.
Last year, the program helped eight startups launch and grow into successful wireless companies. Collectively, they attracted over half a million dollars in investment, earned more than $350,000 in revenue, created 18 jobs and generated products that are penetrating growing markets.