VIATeC’s Launch Party is taking place tomorrow in Victoria and they have a wicked lineup of startups competing for “Best in Show”, “Coolest Concept” and “Most Likely to Succeed”.
Launch Party will be an evening of innovation, drinks and appies at the Vancouver Island Technology Park where you can network with Victoria Tech Executives and discover some of Victoria’s most promising up-and coming tech companies. Here are the companies that are launching:
- Bet Smart Media – Bet Smart Media is debuting SportsWidgets.com, a cloud based premium sports content platform and marketplace that is a one-stop shop for anyone who wants to get sports content into their applications or on their websites.
- MediaCore – MediaCore is a cloud based online video platform that makes it insanely easy for anyone to create, customize and monetize their own video site.
- Pixton Comics – Pixton gives kids of all ages an amazing new way to express themselves online through comics.
- Social Economix – Social Economix is a web platform that allows people to influence company behavior and economic markets.
- Sparktrust – Sparktrust makes the web safer.
- Travergence Interactive – Travergence helps travellers research and book activities, or what it calls “things to do”, while travelling.
- Wonton.com – Wonton.com offers exclusive daily deals to subscribers throughout Vancouver. Launching in July 2011 and Victoria in the coming months, Wonton has attracted the attention of Vancouver consumers and merchants alike.
Launch party will begin immediately after the VIATeC Annual General Meeting at approximately 5:45pm. This is a free event for VIATeC members and non members, however donations for tech tools in local schools will be accepted.