The winners and finalists have been announced for the 2011 Regional Awards for New Technology. The awards are co-sponsored by Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) and the National Research Council of Canada’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).
The regional winners are competing to win the National Innovation Award for New Technology, which will be presented on March 22nd, at the 2012 CME Gala Awards Dinner in Manitoba.
Designed make innovative ideas tangible, the awards were presented to companies striving to improve on current state-of-the-art. Diane de Jong, an Executive Director of Innovation Insights at CME believes the program is a boon for Canada. “Turning innovative ideas into action will set our nation apart on the world stage. Through inspiration and innovation, [these] organizations have challenged the status quo and succeeded.”
The regional award recipients will be featured in 20/20, the CME’s national magazine, highlighting their technologies and services.
The regional winners and finalists announced November 24th, 2011 were:
- Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems (winner)
- Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership (finalist)
- Marport Canada Inc. (finalist)
- Aeryon Labs Inc. (winner)
- Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd. (finalist)
- Siemens Milltronics Process Instruments (finalist)
- Dycor Technologies Ltd. (winner)
- All Weather Windows (finalist)
- PureInbox Inc. (finalist)
- SEI Industries Ltd. (winner)
- Polymer Research Technologies (finalist)
- Verisante Technology Inc. (finalist)