The Government of Ontario and MaRS announced today that twelve more Ontario companies have now received funding from the Investment Accelerator Fund (IAF) totalling $5.4 million. This round of funding brings the program’s total investment in Ontario’s emerging enterprises to $26.6 million in 57 companies since its inception.
As Ontario’s most active seed-stage investor, the IAF helps startups develop their businesses and position them for further investment by angels and venture capitalists.
The fund invests up to $500,000 in companies with the potential to become global leaders in their fields and provide sustainable economic benefits to Ontario.
To date, IAF portfolio companies employ more than 800 staff in high-value jobs, fuelling Ontario’s innovation economy. Funding and support from the IAF will help these innovative companies introduce new technologies that will make businesses more efficient, benefit quality of life, improve our health and protect our environment.
Since December 2011, the IAF has invested up to $500,000 in each of the following companies:
- Better The World – Toronto – September 2012
- CrowdCare – Richmond Hill – September 2012
- Horizon Studios – Toronto – July 2012
- MetaFLO – Toronto – June 2012
- Shopcaster – Toronto – June 2012
- 360pi – Ottawa – April 2012
- Axonify – Waterloo – March 2012
- Sweet Tooth – Waterloo – March 2012
- CreativeD – Toronto – January 2012
- Therapeutic Monitoring Systems – Ottawa – December 2011
- Top Hat Monocle – Toronto – December 2011
- Maintenance Assistant – Toronto – December 2011