Last year Techvibes hosted our inaugural Canadian Startup Awards presented by KPMG. They were a tremendous success, garnering more than 10,000 finalist votes and 7,000 social media shares in just two short weeks. This year, the awards are back and we’re ready for your nominations.
Nominations close December 31. We’re accepting nominations via Twitter, email, comments, and this form. If you would like to make a nomination on Twitter be sure to include the hashtag #StartupAwards and our handle @techvibes. Here’s a sample tweet:
“@techvibes I nominate @GoInstant for Most Significant Canadian Acquisition #StartupAwards”
Here are the award categories:
- Best Overall Canadian Startup of 2012 – Recognizing the best startup in Canada for its outstanding accomplishments in 2012.
- Best New Canadian Startup of 2012 – Recognizing the best startup in Canada that launched in 2012 for its outstanding accomplishments.
- Canadian VC of 2012 – Recognizing the Canadian venture capitalist who has made the most significant impact this year.
- Canadian Angel of 2012 – Recognizing the Canadian angel investor who has made the most significant impact this year.
- Canadian Entrepreneur of 2012 – Recognizing the outstanding accomplishments of an exemplary Canadian entrepreneur.
- Most Significant Canadian Acquisition of 2012 – Recognizing the biggest acquisition of a Canadian startup this year.
On Monday, January 7 we’ll announce the finalists for each category and open voting to the public.