Profit Magazine’s 25th annual ranking of Canada’s Fastest-growing Companies, renamed this year as the PROFIT 500, have “raised the bar on what it means to thrive in a challenging economy,” according to the publication.
“The trailblazing entrepreneurs on the PROFIT 500 are a diverse group of super-achievers who prove that there are many paths to success,” Profit Magazine says.
Not surprisingly, 378 of the PROFIT 500 are headquartered in Canada’s six largest urban centres, including Greater Toronto (187 firms), Vancouver (60), Montreal (46), Calgary (42), Edmonton (24), and Ottawa (19). Technology is the most popular sector in the list with nearly 80 companies in IT making the cut and software development firms also faring well.
Here’s the top five business this year, ranked by five-year revenue growth:
1. Avigilon Corp., Vancouver (49,908%), Sector: Business products
2. Mood Media Corp., Vaughan, Ont. (41,364%), Sector: Marketing services & media
3. EcoSynthetix Inc., Burlington, Ont. (9,676%), Sector: Business products
4. Terrapro Group Inc., Sherwood Park, Alta. (7,730%), Sector: Natural resources
5. PiiComm Inc., Alfred, Ont. (4,164%), Sector: IT