Pitch & Mix II, held last week at the Spacestation, was a fast-paced session where entrepreneurs were given the floor for five minutes to present their concepts to an audience of private investors actively looking for opportunities.
Networking followed the presentations to allow further discussion and encourage appointments between entrepreneurs and investors.
Bringing local angel investors together to stimulate economic growth and prosperity in the region is the aim of the Capital Investment Network, a private equity forum for Vancouver Island that hosted the event.
Here are the 11 businesses that pitched.
- TeamFit: Next-generation talent management and a marketplace for people who build project teams and the people who want to get on them.
- Rosterbot: A team-management service used by 10,000 teams in 60 countries for 400 different types of sport and activity.
- Content4Good: Creators of socially conscious games that make learning entertaining, inspiring players to improve the real world.
- Stem Shock: A programmable, GMO-free herbicide technology that uses RNA interference to kill only the weed while sparing the environment.
- Guusto: A mobile gifting app that sends food and drinks to clients and friends in 250 cities across Canada and donates one day of clean drinking water for every app download and every gift sent.
- MyBestHelper: A web, mobile web, and iOS marketplace for families to find child and elder care providers, as well as myCrew, an application enabling families to coordinate and share care.
- ITT: Designing, developing, and testing wireless M2M tracking solutions for two distinct markets: GGV products for Technical Investigators and the Salus Care Ring for Health Care.
- Sitka: A successful clothing brand over the last decade that is in position to begin building from what they’ve learned and is a brand capable of putting Victoria on the map.
- Curatio: A patient matchmaking solution that delivers private, personalized patient communities on a closed mobile network.
- Pledg.ly: A free SaaS tool that empowers employees to support causes and enables companies to showcase their commitment to social responsibility to attract and retain talent.
- Travel Cubed: A cloud-based platform for the tourism industry to conduct comprehensive B2B business on line.
Plans for the next Pitch & Mix session are in the works for May.